Monday 29 August 2011

IS IT THE END OR JUST THE BEGINNING?

Well it has now been 3 weeks since my Ironman and I am still feeling the effects which I am not impressed about especially as it is in only one place! About 3 days after my race just above my heel started to get sore, very sore, which only means one thing my achilles, arghhhhhhh!!! I have one race left to go which is on September 11th, I was really hoping to go hard but now I will have to wait and see. So till then I have been advised ice and anti-inflammatory's. It was also suggested to wear a bit of a heel to rest the achilles so they are not being stretched all the time. WOO HOO I need to wear heels, well you have only got to tell me that once, I think these will do nicely for starters!!

only joking........I went for a bigger heel!!
So last week I was on the radio again, I am really starting to enjoy going on, BBC Newcastle. However this time I was slightly distracted. I took the kids down with me, to say they were excited is a bit of an understatement and the excitement seemed to reach a new level when they discovered the water machine, the fact that mummy was going onto the radio seemed to take second place at that point. So for those who have not heard it here is the interview;



And here are the four rather excited children straight after the interview (only 3 of then are actually mine)

I would like to thank everyone who has donated, currently I am only £117 off £4,000, It would be amazing if I could reach this amount. So please if you haven't donated please feel free to do so any amount really is appreciated, it is for a great cause, it really can make the difference to a premature babies life.

My daughter weighing a mere 2lb 8oz, her arms here aren't as fat as my little finger and her chance of living was 50/50 maybe less

Once again here is my just giving page, the page currently says I have raised £3, 683.00 (I also have a cheque  for £200 at home).

Finally here as promised are some more photo's of the trip, it really was a great trip to Regensburg with some great people. Doing my first Ironman has really made me appreciate how lucky I am to be able to do something like this for a charity, and how my twins would be capable of doing something like this when they are older, if they wanted to. I have to say that is all thanks to the amazing care they received at the special care baby unit at the RVI in Newcastle upon Tyne at the time of their birth and after and of course to my beautiful twins for fighting so hard to survive at the start of their lives. I would of been a lost soul without them.



1 comment:

  1. We just listened to you on the radio Jo! Finn was delighted to hear Jake yelling in the background!! Good on you - sounded great. Love Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete