Sunday 14 November 2010

More dates for the diary.

Well another week has flown by. Yikes!

This week I have entered 2 more triathlons, with one more definite to go. They are seen as a must regarding the training for the Ironman.  That word now just sends me into a frenzy; ooh ahhh!!

Next year so far the grand total of events entered is four (with one Olympic distance still to go), but the dates are as follows:

June 12th - Cleveland short course - 1500m swim, cycle 40km, run 10km (multi - terrain)
July 2nd  - Cleveland Steelman -      2000m swim, cycle 90km, run 21km
July 31st - London Triathlon -          1500m swim, cycle 40km, run 10km
Aug 7th - Regensburg Ironman  -     3800m swim, cycle180km, run 42.2km

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! What am I doing???????? Breathe, breathe and breathe again.

OK its possible, I think!! Well we will see. I am hoping that I am going to turn either into super girl or wonder woman in the coming months. Maybe I should get a tri suit made up to match my role models outfits, it might help me with my transformation, on the other hand I might just look like a complete nutter!! Probably the latter.

So regarding training this week, all has gone well. Got house bound for a couple of nights, so the turbo trainer got pulled out for the first time in a while. Seemed to go well, but I really don't think watching desperate housewives at the same time helped me produce the most focused session. However I did enjoy it!

Calum who took me for my swimming lesson last week very kindly forwarded me a training plan. OMG the word 'TORTURE' springs to mind. For those of you not into swimming it basically meant swimming 206 lengths of a 25m pool (not including warm up/cool down) at varying speeds and 128 of those were just with my arms; insane!!

1hour 55mins later and 5,150m later I am out the pool feeling elated but knackered, headed home thinking, 'I am going to sleep well'. But why oh why is it these nights you have your worse night sleep, just when you need it the most?

I fell asleep pretty much straight away, however I was rudely awoken 2/3 hours later by the worse snoring I have heard in a while. An hour into that musical, the dog joined in with some wining but trying to ignore her resulted in Molly sticking her nose in my face. So up I got and let her out but she just seemed to study the stars, ahhhh! Back to bed, the snoring continued, the dogs wining continued and then she started licking god knows what part of her body outside the bedroom door which really was not a pleasant noise. So up I got again this time dressed to go on the lane with the beast. Mission successful (she had a very upset stomach, sooo rank at 4am) I finally get back to sleep. The kids only went and woke up at 6:30am, they never get up that early, I could have throttled them... and so the day began.

What I can't figure out is, was it just a disturbed night sleep? I normally sleep through everything or can too much exercise late at night effect your sleep pattern? If so that is so harsh!

Molly enjoying her days up at Bamburgh Castle.
Located in the North East of England,
Northumberland.











However, sleep or no sleep, I have managed to do a quick windy 30 mile bike ride today with my friend Lisa. It was hell outbound (due to the wind) but heaven coming back in, I think we averaged about 25mph on the return journey, awesome!

The rest of the week as normal has entered the realms of manic mayhem. Work, Finger Print Management is busy at the moment with everyone wanting print done prior to Christmas. I also managed to make a start on the Christmas shopping; yuck!

Finally my organisational skills are back in use again. Every January I help organise a big charity night celebrating Burns night (a night in which the life and poetry of Robbie Burns is celebrated). It is in aid of the 'Clubs for Young People' which is a charity that helps to raise money to support the local clubs in the North East. Previous years I have run this event with my father John Shallcross, however this year I have a new partner in crime, local Business man Nick Manson, so the pressure is really on to continue the great work done by my father.

No comments:

Post a Comment