Sunday 28 November 2010

No turning back now...

Where are the weeks going to? Just done some calculations and in 36 weekends time I will be in Germany preparing to race.The Hotel is booked, the flight is booked and hopefully by then my body will be like a finely tuned engine just ready to go....... Yeah right, I just think as long as it goes that is the main thing.

So this week I went back to see the fabulous Jambo Truong, for a lesson in stretching. We went through a routine of stretches that I need to be doing and he showed be how to breathe correctly. It was very relaxing and  tranquil and I really felt the benefit of it when I left his.
So the plan is to do this every day, before and especially after I have trained.
The problem I seem to be facing is its not quite as relaxing at home. The other night I took myself upstairs to perform the stretches and was instantly invaded by the girls. So whilst I am trying to concentrate on my breathing the youngest is on then off then back on the potty, then I am having to reward the youngest for being successful on the potty, and Polly just didn't seem to stop talking, then they decide to join in. I think you get the picture, it was just chaotic not relaxing at all.
So the next attempt was done with no kids around. However this time the dog  thought it was some sort of game, not the best game really with a dog when you keep needing to get on all fours. I really think it is something I will have to do out of the house.



The Lovely Jambo Truong

This week we were hit by the snow big time. So its official now my decent road bike is now off the road and as I really don't fancy running outside in the snow, I have faced the fact most of my training will  now be indoors, for the foreseeable future.
So to date this week I have managed the mammoth swim (approx 3.5miles), had a tri session with the club, done a weight session, and have another turbo session/swim to do at the weekend, must say I am feeling good. However next week might not be so productive on the training side, as it is the start of the Christmas nights out. Never one to say no to a few drinks out with the girls I have managed to book myself out on two nights next week, maybe like the ironman I should try and pace myself!!!! Who am I kidding I reckon if I could pace myself and say no, I currently wouldn't be in the situation of being entered in an ironman. 

Finally, I think I have a coach. A guy called Woody (Alun Woodward). He lives in Hungary and is a full time coach & pro triathlete. He's the European Head Coach for 'ironguides'. So by all accounts I am in the best possible hands. This is the man who is going to be responsible for setting me my programmes and helping me with my diet and any other issues physically and mentally that I may encounter along the way. Just wondering if he has ever worked with a manic mother of three?...... there might be a lot of issues!!

No comments:

Post a Comment