Monday 6 December 2010

Breaking the Ice

So this week we have been hit really hard by the snow, it seems to be affecting everything. 

On Monday we lost our telephone line, which also meant no internet. It has been awful not being able to go on line at home, and with no idea when BT are getting here, it could be a while till I do get back on the old net. Apparently our street has been classified as a health and safety hazard.

As if this was not bad enough the gym keeps shutting early, tri club was cancelled, the first of my nights out was been cancelled AHHH!  However on the upside my kids school had its first closure due to the snow on Thursday, so dressed up and ready for action we hit the town moor or should I say cow hill. Managing to get the youngest taken care of, the twins and I had a great afternoon zooming down the hill; it was awesome, very refreshing.


So then the second night out was cancelled however this time I was not going to take no for an answer.  A quick call round and with new friends to go out to play with I hit the town and 9 hours later with the urge of partying well and truly satisfied I crawled into bed. Four hours later and I was sitting on the poolside watching my eldest daughters first early morning swim session. Well what can I say except that it was an intense experience on such little sleep.

When I decided to write this blog I said I would be truthful on how everything is going, in all aspects of my life. Well this week things haven’t been great on the home front, it’s been brewing for a while to be honest.  It is hard enough trying to juggle home life as it is with all the chores, work, kids activities and then somehow find time for each other (meaning spending time with my husband). When you want to train and the only available time to do this is the evenings due to all the other commitments and he is in the throes of running two relatively new businesses and doesn’t come home from work till 7.30pm every night which is when I go out to the Gym, tri club or netball, it kind of leaves little time for each other; not the best for a happy marriage.

So after a chat late one night which seems about the only available time to talk at the moment, from now on Thursday is declared as a night for us to spend time together (excluding the Thursday that my fixed netball match is on; I can’t help that), so whether we go out or stay in it shall be a night where we spend some quality time together. We do have the weekends of course but they tend to be full of kids parties and various other activities; nobody said this was going to be easy.

I think it is too easy sometimes to get absorbed in the things you have to do and the tasks ahead of you. The result is that you forget about the things that are around you that also need attention if a happy equilibrium is to be maintained.

Finally I want to share with you a piece of snow art I discovered on the back streets of Jesmond, I think it is brilliant, very creative and dare I say it very detailed. Enjoy the masterpiece. 



No comments:

Post a Comment