Sunday 12 December 2010

Eaten alive

I really don't know what is happening to time at the moment, I just feel like someone has their finger on fast forward constantly.

This week I got my first training advice for my new coach, Woody. So I should be looking at between 6 - 8 hours training a week, concentrating on various areas. For my bike its all about low cadence and big gears and the swimming and the running, well I haven't got that far yet. Oh Loads of time.

I have managed 4 training sessions this week, one was particularly gruesome at tri club. However I think the reason I found it so hard was due to the effects from the previous weekend drink-athon. I have decided its not a good combination drinking then training even with a couple of days break between the two.

The rest of the week hasn't been that productive on the training front, due to other commitments. Friday night I had my eldest daughters Christmas swimming gala and we were in team Grease; great yet another reason to dress up, hooray!!



Somehow I had managed to volunteer myself for the parent race which was a IM relay with the kids. That really wasn't an issue, however when faced with a diving block which the kids told me to stand on, the whole prospect of the race changed. I really don't know when I last dived, let alone stood on a diving block, anyway not one to shy away from a challenge up I went. Apparently the dive was not beautiful or graceful at all, but who cares, I did it and swam the 50m, might I add minus the goggles, they had come off the minute I hit the water. So, pleased it was over and done with, I asked Polly what she thought, she answered "I don't know because I couldn't see, someone was in the way". I do wonder sometimes why I bother!

This weekend I have had my first experience of the 'Garra Rufa fish therapy Spa, awesome once you get over the initial shock of them eating your feet. Would definitely recommended it, however be warned it is extremely ticklish.



Finally a hilarious video has been drawn to my attention by a fellow member from the tri club, it is a classic and yet I feel it could be very true, if you want a laugh you have to watch it, especially if you are thinking or are doing an Ironman.




No comments:

Post a Comment