Tuesday 28 December 2010

Christmas with very little Cheer

So Christmas has been and gone, I really hope everyone had a good one. Mine has been great regarding the kids, however it is has been tinged with much sadness.

We were in Kent for Christmas day itself with my sister, her husband and their 4 kids. However my sister and I are now back up in Newcastle for the next 24 hours so we can say our final goodbyes to my grandpa at Tynemouth Crematorium tomorrow. It is then straight back to kent so we are back in time to see the New year in and also celebrate her eldest sons 18th, which is a really scary thought as he is my godson!

On boxing day I received some very upsetting news, my friends husband lost his fight to cancer on Christmas day. I just want her to know that my thoughts and prayers are with her and her family, life really can be very cruel and unfair at the best of times. It has made me realise just how precious life is and we only have one chance in this world. So life should be lived to the full, with no regrets.

Finally regarding training..........ummmmmmm!!!  Not great, but it is Christmas and the weather has been pretty rubbish. I have only managed 1 run in a week, oops! But it was a great run, after resting for that length of time I was flying, when not slipping on the ice. I felt like I could of run a marathon, which is reassuring as that is what I am going to have to do. I just won't concern myself quite yet about the 2.4 mile swim and the 112 miles on the bike that I must do first, before attempting my first ever marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment