Sunday 9 January 2011

Happy New Year, its the year of the Ironman......yeeha!

                                                 
Wow its the year of the Ironman. Well for me anyway, and a few other mental individuals( which include 17 from my triathlon club...... what is going on?) who probably need their heads checking for entering such an event. I have been told it is addictive, well we will see.

So my running has commenced again outside, now that all snow and ice has finally gone. I am loving being back out doors rather than in the gym. The training I have done on the running machine has definitely helped me increase my overall running speed, it is good to know that my training is starting to show some positive results outside, from all the work I have done inside.

Thursday night we had our first netball match of the year. Oh and what a good game 26 - 6 to us nothing like a good thrashing to start the year with. Must say our shooters played a blinder, can't wait for the next match now.
But look out girls looks like I am coaching the session this week, I promise to go easy........Yeah right!

Friday night I went to my first Yoga class with some friends, it was taken by the fabulous Jambo Troung, it was awesome. It was a beginners class, but must say it felt quite intense at times. You could really feel the muscles working, in the various stretches he had us performing. He kept telling us that this was all easy stuff, which I must say is slightly alarming as I definitely had the old leg wobble going on a few times.

Finally I have had a top weekend training with two early morning sessions. Saturday was a  fast paced run outside for 45 minutes, done during my daughters early morning swim session. Whilst Sunday I pulled myself out of bed at 6.30, so I was in the pool for 7am. I swam 4500m (180 lengths) in a decent time and 2 miles of that (128 lengths)  was with just my arms. I then went straight onto the bike, did a 20 minute time trial, followed by a 20 minute interval run and finally recovered by doing 20 minutes of my yoga stretches. I was bouncing when I finished, I can honestly say I am starting to really look forward to my first sprint triathlon.

No comments:

Post a Comment