Sunday 23 January 2011

Burns Night here I come!

Where are the weeks going to? In 16 weeks I will race in my first sprint triathlon of the year and 12 weeks after that it will be the ironman. Wow, it really is approaching fast now.

So this week I consumed my first protein shake, ahhh! It is getting serious. Went with the banana flavour, I actually quite enjoy it. However prior to mixing it up after the training session I managed to spill some of the powder in my training bag, then managed to get it all over my face without realising, so walking out of the gym with white powder across my face, probably isn't the most healthy look to go far after a hard training session!! My training partner found it hilarious. Also in addition to the protein shake I have a waxy maize starch powder to mix up with juice, to be honest by the time I have drunk these two drinks, I am feeling pretty full, I think I preferred coming home and eating something.

Next Thursday it is the Charity night I organise with Nick Manson of Mansons (Residential Sales and Letting Consultants, in Jesmond), in aid of the clubs for young people. We have sold 14 tables (140 people), unfortunately we lost 2 tables this week. I think everything is organised and all that is left is to finalise the auction list, which I must say has some amazing prizes on. Got the invites printed and menus done, very happy with these.

The fantastic Finger Print Management did these for me.
                        
I am now just looking forward to the night, if we raise over £10,000 I will be happy. Lets just hope everyone is in a generous mood, and have their dancing shoes at the ready for some good old Scottish dancing.

Again yet another good week training. Tri club, yoga, and 2 decent runs. We had yet another netball match with a  fantastic result, 37 - 21 to us. The whole team played an amazing game, it really came together. However I have decided once the winter league finishes I am going to give the summer league a miss so I can concentrate on my ironman training. I am really going to miss it but there is only so much I can do. I must say the girls are not happy, but I plan on coming to support them at matches, probably by bike so I hope the matches are a decent ride away.

Sunday I was up early once again for my marathon swim, however this week I had a new swim set. Ouch, it was tough, but despite swimming 224 lengths 5600m, I still managed to make it to the bike and do a 30 minute time trial, before chilling out with some yoga, I think I might sleep well tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like great training Jo. Hope your charity night goes well. How does haggis rate as a recovery food?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the week-counting thing you've got going on! Brings back so many memories.

    Sounds like a pretty full-on week and a 5600m swim? Wow! Well done.

    ReplyDelete