Sunday 30 January 2011

Burns night success

Nooooooooooo! I am sick. I can't remember the last time I couldn't train, probably cause I normally do, however I am being sensible this time.  I Woke up Friday morning a little bit worse for wear from the previous nights antics in the town, but also with the start of a humdinger of a cold, so I am officially taking the weekend off to try and recover so I can get back to training fighting fit early next week.

But what a good week I had. The Burns night in aid of 'the clubs for young people' was a storming success. It looks like we raised £11,000, so I am chuffed  to bits with that. I felt like the night went really well and everyone seemed to have a great time, with plenty of Scottish dancing happening after they had all feasted on the Haggis.

The haggis being piped in



A few of the tables at the start of the night
Training for the week was mixed , due to being busy trying to juggle everything. However one day last week I decided not to use my car (apart from on the school run) and run everywhere. I must say I really quite enjoyed it. I had various stops at places to do things, but then would just run to the next place, I think I will defiantly do that again.

Tri club was good, with a nice 40 minute time trial after an hours swim, phew! Another achievement of the week was that I taught myself to tumble turn. It still needs some practice, as sometimes it can go horribly wrong, as someone in tri club found out when I accidentally dived bombed them on a turn, opps! Hey, but at least I am trying.

With no training happening over the weekend, the kids and I decided we would go and visit Wallington Hall as they have the best tree to climb, well of course I couldn't resist.






1 comment:

  1. Hey Jo
    Well done on the Burns Night - and great to see pics of the kids at Wallington. We miss you all! Hope to see you swimming in the Irish Sea before too long... I am still going in and it is ICY! Lots of love to you all Sarahxx

    ReplyDelete