Saturday 12 February 2011

Back outside

So first I must start with a huge apology as I did not post a blog last week, SORRY. I can honestly say I had writers block which is a new thing for me. Lets just hope it doesn't happen again!!

Training has been going well and I have finally got back outside on my bike. HEAVEN!! I had a short ride in the week, which just wetted my appetite to get out and have a decent ride. So this weekend I took off up the coast, the weather started pretty gloomy but thankfully cheered up by the afternoon.
Gloomy Alnmouth beach


Sunnyish Warkworth castle

It was just great to be back outside rather than stuck in the gym. I did just over 50 miles and my legs were still feeling good, which is reassuring. I swung by the gym on the way home and hit the steam room, which I must say was a great way to warm back up and stretch off.

Netball we had another win under our belts, it was a good game. However this week coming we have our hardest game to date to play, so lets see what happens?

Swimming is going well and the tumble turns seem to becoming along nicely. Especially as I have managed not to rugby scrum anyone recently underwater which must be a sure sign of improvement.

Yoga is starting to become another love of my life. I really am starting to notice the and feel the benefits from it. By the end of each class I always feel emotionally more balanced, stronger from the inside out, I would definitely make is a must in everyone's book,  even if you only try it the once.

Finally running, the sport I would love to love, but struggle to. Actually that is not strictly true, I am starting to love running as it really helps me focus my thoughts and when I have finished a run I always feel good and pleased that I have done it. But unlike the other two events (biking & Swimming), I am never that excited about starting it. Maybe that is how running is the main enjoyment is all at the end. I think I will definitely be seeing it that way by the end of the ironman.

No comments:

Post a Comment