Sunday 16 January 2011

You are the only one to control your destiny!

My Cheerless Christmas made me realise how short life can be, and that you are the only one in control of your destiny. Life is what you make it and you are the one who can change it.

So I decided to get in touch with a local sports for disabled academy, to see if I can help them voluntary for the time being, with the intention of eventually making a career out of it. I have wanted to work in this field for as long as I can remember, but for whatever reasons have put it off.

So last Friday I sent an email to them selling myself and even risked mentioning I was training for an ironman ( this could of put me in the bracket of being a complete lunatic). But by Monday I had a reply saying when can I come down.
I am so excited..... and one successful meeting later, I am now just waiting for my CRB checks to be done, before I can start.
I can't tell you how good it feels to actually take control and pursue something that I have always wanted to do.

Training this week has been good. I have managed a couple of decent runs, tri club sessions have been as gruelling as ever, but I always enjoy them. We had our first netball practice of the year, so that was good to catch up with everyone. Friday night was yoga again which I absolutely loved, with handstands against the wall, it was brilliant. However I was devastated as Jambo did an amazing demo, but gave no prior warning so I didn't get a chance to video it, next time I will though. Sunday I managed to pull myself out of bed at 6.30am again, and swam 5000m (200 lengths) in 1hour 40 minutes, doing various drills ending with a 15 x 50m sprint sets, exhausting but I felt great for doing it.

The rest of the weekend I seemed to have spent baking, as our youngest turns three on Monday. However if you ask her she is turning 9.

Look at my beautiful make up!


So a big happy Birthday to Evie, aka the Tornado of the family.

1 comment: