Saturday 16 April 2011

Sunny afternoons, ummmmm!!!!!

 WOW it's only 4 weeks to go now till my first race, yeeha can't wait.

Training this week has been constant and strong, which is good since the kids have now broken up for Easter. So training for the next two weeks will be sporadical.

I have managed three 8 to 9 mile runs and a couple of swim / turbo sessions. Overall I am pretty happy with my progress. From now on I am going to start upping the distance gradually with one of the runs. Also running I have started in the practice of swallowing / gagging  on sports gels. They really are quite revolting, its the consistency of them but I suppose needs must.

Got back to yoga this week, ouch!! My hamstrings are so tight, I just can't seem to do enough stretching at the moment, there really isn't enough hours in the day for everything.

This weekend I got my cycling partner back, yeah! We managed a respectable 65 miles which is great since she is still recovering. However the hills proved to be a bit of a sore issue for her. So on the last leg of the ride to avoid a mammoth hill we took the more scenic route back into town, which had us weaving round fishermen, dodging pedestrians and at one point almost colliding with a horse and cart.

But eventually this route brings you out along Newcastle quayside. It proved to be the perfect afternoon to be on the quayside, the sun was out and everyone was smiling. I think I will leave it up to the pictures I took to finish this blog off.


ummmmm!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment