Saturday 21 May 2011

WE CAN DO IT!!!

JUST LOOK AT THIS

WE CAN DO IT,YEEHA. IT WAS AWESOME AND DON'T WE LOOK GRACEFUL!
Friday night at yoga we cracked it. The lovely Jambo (our amazing yoga teacher) helped us to get the pose I so wanted to create in the lake, a couple of weeks ago. Well now we know we can do it, there will be no stopping us. I will get that photo of us doing this in the lake. The next available chance will be the weekend of the great north swim where Becci and I are competing in the 2 mile swim on the Friday, I can't wait. The only downside of us being able to this, is the fact that we probably aren't safe to be let out together at night now. There is nothing like a good party trick!!

Training this week has been good. Managed 2 runs, approx 1hr 20m each, the second run of the week I really upped my pace. However I need to get myself out running for 1hr 45 now so that will be this weeks aim.

Managed a couple of intense turbo sessions, ouch they hurt. I actually haven't been out on my bike this week, the wind kept putting me off, hopefully next week will be a bit calmer.

I have had an ace week swimming. I did 2 sessions in my usual pool, of various drills. But on Wednesday Lisa and I took ourselves over to Sunderland to try out the aquatic Centre. This pool 2 days of the week change the lane ropes around and it becomes a 50m pool. I managed to swim 4000m which is over what I need to do in the ironman. Afterwards I felt really good, so pleased about that, I definitely had plenty of energy left.

Finally, the next couple of weeks I want to concentrate on my transitions.  I have to make them quicker. I need to learn to be able to just jump on to my bike with my shoes already clipped in and also jump off leaving my shoes in the same place they started. I have a feeling this is going to take a bit of practise,  it is definitely one for the old bike as I reckon I may have a few mishaps! My next race is June 12th its another sprint, so I want to be able to do it perfectly for then.

1 comment: