Saturday 28 May 2011

Netball does yoga!!

10 weeks and counting now till the Ironman. In 5 weeks time I will have my first endurance block of training given to me by coach Woody. Just a little concerned as this endurance weekend happens to fall on my first half Ironman race. So I will only of trained hard for 2 days and then will have to race on day 3, oh my poor legs!!!

Training this week has been good, managed a couple of pool swims. I really need to be getting some open water practice now, but where this is happening presently is in a lake called the QE2, which from numerous reports is covered in  geese, swan you name it poo. So I am really struggling to find the will power to submerge myself in their faeces. Going up the coast next week, think I might just settle for the cold North Sea!!

Thursday this week I was back on the netball court, I just can't say no to the sport. It was yet another victorious win 27 -17. After the game I persuaded some of the girls to come and try out one of Jambo's yoga classes. It is definitely a great way to stretch and chill out after an aggressive game.


I don't think this is quite what they were expecting though, when they agreed to come!!!

Managed to squeeze in two bike rides this week, 40miles and approx a 60 mile one. The longer one I did was pretty hairy as it was so windy. The whole ride I seemed to spend battling the wind, which isn't much fun. But as the day progressed the sun decided to come out and what a difference it can make to a ride.

Really it was windy!

Finally I have managed a couple of decent runs this week, all seems to be going well on that front. I am no where near my marathon distance yet but I don't think I do run anywhere near that distance before the race. (ummm, note to self... must check this with the coach, as only 10 weeks left). I think I am going with the saying, 'ignorance is bliss', well until it is a must and that would be on RACE DAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment