Saturday 4 June 2011

JUGGLING!!!!

Half term week and training is never the easiest to juggle but when you have thrown into the equation a case of chicken pox (not me), the twins birthday and a Take That concert the difficulty factor in finding time to train goes to a whole new level.

For the birthday celebrations we headed up the coast to Beadnell for a night in my brother and sister in laws caravan and to spend the day on the beach. We arrived all excited and approx 3 hours later and just enough time for my youngest to slaver all over her 7 month old cousin we discovered she had chicken pox. Not really the best start but what can you do. However not to let it ruin the fun I took my remaining healthy children and their cousin down to the beach for a quick dip in the tropical north sea and took this opportunity to practice my beach starts against my very competitive rivals.


The following day was amazing we really couldn't of got a better weather day for the beach.

This was taken at 8am
2pm just look at that sky.......its the North East of England!!
We had a fantastic day. My amazing sister in-law stopped in with my youngest so I could get the twins and myself onto the beach. They had me pushing them in a kayak up and down the coast line....exhausting. Then we also had a go on a jet bike, awesome. I had a quick water ski, with one of the twins in the boat which we both loved and I also managed about a 1/2 to 3/4 mile sea swim. So a massive thank you to the Beadnell crowd for giving the twins and myself a truly fantastic day.

We then headed back into town for teatime. I was slightly concerned that I hadn't done any serious training so far this week,  so I went out and did a 2hr run. I've decided this wasn't one of my best ideas really whether it was the water skiing or pushing that kayak my legs felt like lead but then again that is probably how they are going to feel for the ironman run!!!!

Tri club at the beginning of the week had to take the back seat as it was my night to see Take That, one word for this concert.....AMAZING.




It was definitely the best concert of this year with any doubt. Mr Williams rocked, what a performer.

Saturday was the day for my much needed long ride, but with my biking partner away it was to be a solo mission. I woke to hear the wind, I hate that noise when I am going biking, Grrrrrr!!!! But with ironman now only 9 weeks away I had no choice but to go. I had decided and arranged to cycle up to Beadnell have a cup of tea (I can't seem to drop my tea habit, do they serve a cuppa on the ironman?) and then head back. The wind was in my face the whole way up, it was relentless, however the return journey was fantastic. I covered approx 100 miles in 5hrs 45minuites, so happy with that.

Next Sunday I have my second race of the season. The Cleveland short course, which I am looking forward, it is an open water swim, can't wait, however it is being followed up with a swimming party for the twins. I can imagine I will really be in the mood to make 30 rounds of sandwiches!!!

Once again, I am trying to raise as much money as possible for 'Tiny Lives'. This is a charity which helps support the enormous costs in caring and keeping alive babies born prematurely in the North East. All donations really are gratefully received.

Just Giving Page: http://www.justgiving.com/Joanna-Reed0

No comments:

Post a Comment