Saturday 25 June 2011

Highlights of a wheeze week!!

Well I didn't have the best start to this week.

Firstly It was drawn to my attention that my tent putting up skills left much to be desired. My fantastic friends (actually more her husband, Jason) in the lakes very kindly said I could leave the outer cover of the tent up, as it was wet and would be a nightmare for me to dry at home. So they would just pack it up when it had dried, I thought this a marvellous idea. So I merrily packed away the rest of the tent and drove home. After I left I am convinced a hurricane had obviously swept through the lakes as I received this very upsetting picture of our tent which was photographed on a road, certainly not where I left it, oops!

We could of been in that, how alarming is that!
My next bad moment was waking up with a summer cold. Unfortunately as an asthmatic it started to hit my chest, prompting a meeting with my doctor. I informed the doctor as I was 6 weeks from doing my first Ironman, I just couldn't be ill, let alone have a full blown asthma attack. I also had to draw her attention to the fact that it was in the realms of possibility that I could have Lymes disease! from those delightful tick bites we got, really starting to think camping isn't for me! This is what I left the doctors with;


However I haven't actually used any of my prescriptions yet. I was hoping I would recover without them. But I am now starting to think this is not likely and with my first endurance block starting this Thursday, time is fast starting to run out. I think I will have to admit defeat and accept I need the drugs if I am to carry on training to the level I need to be if I am to complete this Ironman.

So training this week has been hopeless. The only thing I really can manage has been swimming, hopefully I will see an improvement next week when the medication kicks in.

Despite this, my week has ended on massive high. This weekend in Newcastle there has been a huge cycling event, known as the Northern Rock Cyclone. It is a fantastic event for all riders from Novices to the Elite.
What can I say photo of Duncan Goodhew last weekend, then the fastest man on the planet on two wheels this weekend.

Mark Cavendish and I


So what I now need to complete the photo trio, is a runner, of the Elite variety, well known and famous please!!!

Once again, I am trying to raise as much money as possible for 'Tiny Lives'. This is a charity which helps support the enormous costs in caring and keeping alive babies born prematurely in the North East. All donations really are gratefully received no matter how big or small.

Just Giving Page: http://www.justgiving.com/Joanna-Reed0
 

No comments:

Post a Comment