Saturday 16 July 2011

THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM

I think this week has been the calm before the storm, despite starting the week in a blizzard of polystyrene balls.
I have my youngest to thank for that one who very kindly decided to unzip one of the beanbags and have a glorious time with the contents. I am still finding them everywhere.

So next week will see the start of my second endurance block which will commence Thursday and finish on Sunday. Then that is it for my endurance training, it will be time to taper as it will be 2 weeks till race day, YIKES!!!! It is also the start of the summer holidays so I am looking forward to getting out and about and doing some fun stuff with the kids.

Back to this week. Tuesday I did a distance run with Laura again. However I turned up with a little surprise for her. We normally always consume a gel or two on these runs but I fancied trying a 'Redbull shot', as more than likely I will need it for my marathon. So after after about 40 mins we shared the little bottle, OMG it was GO GO GO. Will be definitely packing one of those in my suitcase for Germany or maybe two!!

Eventually I got back to yoga this week, haven't managed to make it for a few weeks and I was really starting to notice it as my nerve pain down my left hand side was starting to flair up. I just love Jambo's classes they are always so much fun. I had persuaded Lloyd a member from our tri club to come whose IT bands are in a worse state than mine. I think he got a shock how  hard it can be to hold some of the poses/stretches, but he also couldn't believe how light his legs felt at the end, its a great feeling. In this class I partnered up with Lisa my biking partner, it was her first time to, I think we can agree we saw each other from new angles.


 Finally the weather has not been the the greatest for biking this week. Managed to get outside once, however the rain at the weekend could only be described as torrential. So I opted to do an hour on the bike in the gym, I swear this hurts so much  more than being on my actual bike on a really steep hill.


Once again I am doing all this for a reason. I am hoping to raise £3,000 for 'Tiny Lives', which is a charity that helps support the enormous costs in caring for premature babies born in the North East. This is a charity very close to my heart as my twins were born at 29 weeks weighing a mere 2lbs 8oz and 2lbs 9oz. The best way to describe how small that is, is that there legs weren't as fat as my little finger and I have small hands!

No amount of money is too small as it all adds up. But you can also just help by sharing the link and letting people know what I am trying to achieve. I have nearly hit 40% of my target it would be fantastic if I could be half way there by the time I leave for Germany.

Hopefully this picture gives you an idea how small they actually were.


No comments:

Post a Comment