Sunday 31 July 2011

IT'S TIME TO FLY, THEN SWIM, BIKE AND RUN!

Well this is it. No blog next week as I will be in Germany racing around Regensburg. I can't believe it is finally here, but I have never felt more ready to do it. Getting to this point has been one huge roller coaster ride for me, but the support I have had from family and friends has been amazing. I need to especially thank the ones who have trained along side me and those who have helped me with my training. Those who have helped me out with the kids when I have needed to train and of course from everyone who has donated. All of your donations have really inspired me to keep going, not only in training but also in writing this blog. I don't think I realised how time consuming this would be as well!!!

So on Thursday I will be flying out to Germany, cannot wait. First though I need to get my bike into that.....UMMMMM......HELP!

 I think I am going to have to make some phone calls to the boys because I really haven't got a clue what to do.

As this is my last blog before my race I thought I would share with you a clip I got shown early on in my ironman training. The thought that, that could be me, has haunted me since. Poor Kay can't even bring herself to look at it.

 

Its not really how I want to see myself cross the finish line to be honest, but you never know it could happen. I suppose your body can only take so much and a lot can go wrong on race day which can effect the entire race. For example kicked in the face swimming, falling off the bike, being sick on the day, the list is endless hopefully I will experience a accident free day and who knows maybe handstand over the finish line.


Talking of handstands, that is the outfit I will be wearing for the race. My race number is 291, this will be written across my arms and legs, and for those of you who are interested you will be able to track me next Sunday. Just click on the link below and fill in the details. I start at 7am European time and  finish, well who knows when!!!!

http://bit.ly/r4DnLm

This week I would like to say I was really touched to be nominated by a good friend Gemma to carry the Olympic flame. What she wrote really meant something to me, so thank you Gemma. You can view this on the link below.

Finally this week I have some great new I have now exceeded my target amount of £3,000. I truly feel inspired by you all. I will now go to Germany and thanks to all of you and your generosity and of course my kids who inspire me every day, I will race the biggest race of my life so far and who knows what will happen but hopefully I will be an IRONMUMMY.


No comments:

Post a Comment