Sunday 24 July 2011

TIME TO TAPER

So this week I undertook my last endurance block, which I have now finished, YEEHA!!!

Will make this short - not for the faint hearted!!

DAY1 THURSDAY

SWIM SET -4000m swim (160 lengths) in sets.
3 HOURS ON BIKE - messed up a bit here, went too far out then had to cycle back like the clappers to get back in time for the  school run.
Day 1 should of finished here. However ended up doing a hours Taekwon-do with my son and then a 90 minute yoga class. Ouch!!

DAY 2 FRIDAY

DISTANCE RUN - ended up getting up to start running at 5.30am (It was the only time I could fit it in). One  word for this HIDEOUS. It felt so much harder than normal and gelling at that time in the morning is just wrong on all levels.
That night I got to yoga again. I went into yoga in pain, my left leg was aching and really sore. But I left feeling a 100 times better, as always Jambo (my saviour) sorted me out. I really don't know where I would be without him.

DAY 3 SATURDAY

BIKE RIDE TO RUN - So I teamed up with the lovely Kay for this one and off we went for a ride round Northumberland. Going to confess we were very naughty and stopped for tea and cake, it was a lovely cafe it would of been very rude to just cycle pass. 5 hours later we hopped off our bikes and went for a little run. All in all no real problems.

DAY4 SUNDAY


2 X BIKE SESSIONS - First one was hills and 2nd was a time trial, to be honest I felt amazing, legs felt good and I felt strong. Just hoping that, that is a good sign.

So that is it, my endurance training is done and now it is time to taper. 2 weeks left and then the real fun begins...............I hope.

SO AS MY IRONMAN IS SO NEAR, HERE IS A LITTLE RECAP.

I AM DOING IT TO RAISE MONEY FOR TINY LIVES A CHARITY FOR PREMATURE BABIES. A CHARITY VERY CLOSE TO MY HEART.


I HAVE DONE A LOT OF THIS


AND THIS


 AND THANK GOODNESS THERE IS NON OF ME RUNNING BUT A LOT OF THAT TO.

 ALSO HAVE DONE LOTS OF THIS
JAMBO AND I STRETCHING, FEELS AMAZING.


 HE IS ALSO THE MAN WHO HAS INSPIRED ME AND SO MANY OTHERS TO DO A LOT OF THIS

AND I HAVE RECENTLY STARTED TO WIN A FEW OF THESE.



 I HAVE PROBABLY HAD A LOT OF CONVERSATIONS SIMILAR TO THIS (HAHA!).



 BUT FINALLY I STILL NEED TO DO THIS.





In a way I feel that my journey is only just beginning and it will start the minute I enter that lake in Germany and begin my 2.4 mile swim.





No comments:

Post a Comment