Sunday 20 March 2011

Dressed to impress

Monday and the weather was amazing, so I decided to attempt a distance run as it has been a while since I did one due to my ankle issues. I think I managed approx 9 miles, however I really didn't plan my route that well as the majority of it was uphill. Maybe next time I will run the opposite way round as by the end I could really feel it in my hips but on the upside my ankle was great.

Mid week I managed to get out for a bike ride, the fog was unbelievable it was like riding in a dome. We couldn't see more than 100ft in front of us for the whole duration, it really was quite bizarre as we were outdoors, yet the scenery really didn't change we probably would of been better off in the gym.

Also this week I played in a netball match, with both ankles heavily strapped, I was taking no risks. I know I said I was giving netball a miss till after the Ironman, but the girls were short of a player, so I couldn't really let the team down. We won but it wasn't the best game to be honest, but it looks like I am playing again next week, so hopefully it will be a better game.

Yoga this week was really strenuous, I really did have the leg shakes for most of the time. But I think a lot of it was due to the fact that I had got up to go running at 6am. So from now on maybe I will just do an early morning swim set on yoga nights. Mind you a bit of leg shaking is probably nothing compared to what my legs will be like after a marathon. 

Now on to the exciting news. One of my best friends is getting married in a couple of weeks, I am so excited and I am also one of her bridesmaids. It really is going to be a wedding with a difference, I think there will be some very interesting blog photo's to come. So this week I have been assisting her shopping which ended up us needing to go back into town on Saturday, Yuck! As the weather was fantastic again I cycled over to hers planning to bike afterwards. However I really didn't think this through very well as the end result was, me walking through town in full cycling gear including bike shoes and then having to spend a large proportion of the time in the vivenne westwood shop. Talk about being dressed to impress, it really was quite exhausting.


The shopping outing seemed to take longer than I planned, so I never really got my bike ride in. But I don't mind, she is worth it. So I thought I would just turbo Sunday night instead, however that is looking dubious now due to the fact I really haven't slept at all due to the youngest projectile vomiting all night, oh the joys of motherhood. I think I will just go for a strong training week this week, especially as the following week it is the hen do and the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment