Sunday 13 March 2011

Mental Torture

9 weeks and counting till my first race, I just can't believe how fast the weeks are going at the moment.
 
This week I had my first real experience of mental torture and it wasn't something that I had done to myself. My buckle for my seat belt had its final hour and died. It took four days for it to be replaced. In these bleak days I had to endure the constant beeping everywhere I went, alarming me that I was not buckled up. I was of course but just to the passenger seat belt buckle. The question I am asking myself is 'do you think I will enter a much darker place whilst racing around Regensburgh when competing in the ironman?'.... Nah surely not!!!!

After such a strong week last week on the bike I feel this week has not been as productive. I am starting to feel I need more direction in my training, I think it is time I email the coach and say 'I need a game plan,'

This week most of my training has happened indoors due to then wind, its never pleasant on a bike being blown all over the place. So I have managed 3 time trials in the gym, the final being an hour along. I really do feel I am getting quite strong on these, but I am starting to wonder if it will be easy to transfer this power onto to my road bike outside. I think it is time for some outdoor time trials to commence.

I managed a couple of runs this week and all seemed good on the ankle front, phew! I can't tell you how relieved I am about that. However at tri club this week I got quite alarmed on hearing what distances everyone seems to be running, there seemed to be a regular 13/15 miles in most peoples training, Yikes!! I really do need a training plan.

Finally this Friday I took to the road for a little trip to Manchester to catch up with some school friends. I had a great night with my pals.

THE IRONMAN SCREAM
THE MINX
PURE INNOCENCE

No comments:

Post a Comment