Saturday 26 March 2011

Finally the clothes are coming off!!

Whoop whoop whoop, this week I got out on my bike in shorts, fingerless gloves and no shoe covers. It was fantastic, the sun was out, I felt warm and even some RAF jets did a fly by. I think I grinned the whole way round it was so nice not to be wrapped up to the nines. Then that same day I went to tri club in the evening dubious about how I would cope due to the earlier ride being quite a hard 2 hour ride. But I must say I was pleasantly surprised, I felt good in fact if anything I could of pushed myself harder, I know for next time.

I managed a mid week distance run. Ohhh how my hips ache by the evening, I really do hate this discipline. However this week I had my first sports massage, OWWWWWWWW my IT band, gluts and hamstrings are all so tight and my left hand side is worse than my right. I have to say Linda Rogers of Zest sports massage was amazing. She managed to inflict some serious pain on me, but it was all good. I am really looking forward to seeing the effects from it in my training in the next few days, I think I will definitely have to make it a regular thing within my training schedule.

The netball match this week was a tough one. We won by 17 - 16 it was so unfriendly. Then I found out afterwards they were part of a university team, can't tell you how good it feels to say a mum's team managed to win against a university team, hee hee!!

The end of the week and my weekend has been a bit of a wash out regarding training due to the return of this sick bug. Both the twins and myself went down with it. I was really hoping this week for a strong week training but it really hasn't happened.

Next week I am not expecting much from my training due to a hen night mid week and a wedding with a difference happening at the weekend. I am so excited, and to give you a taster of how crazy these guys are, here is a picture that was emailed to everyone on their wedding invites.

THE HAPPY COUPLE


My week ahead is going to be anything but quite, but I hoping to get some training in. I have yet to inform the bride to be that her hen night/day will begin with a minor 60 mile bike ride. What can I say, she left me in charge of the organisation and a girl has got to train, haha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment