Saturday 5 March 2011

Youch!!!!!!!!

It's half term week so I have decided to take the kids and the dog off to Kent to visit my big sister. Unfortunately I am minus my credit card as this had also gone AWOL with my phone, but unlike my phone it never reappeared.

We had a great week in the south, despite the weather being rubbish. Lots of outdoor pursuits, but unfortunately there was a small car incident. No it wasn't an accident, but some very costly brake pads, discs and a new caliber (which is really expensive) was required. But of course minus my credit card it started to prove quite difficult to pay, especially as they wouldn't take payment over the phone. So the end result was I had to be bailed out by my brother in law, who had to drive to my rescue. Life really is never simple!!

Whilst away I only managed 1 run. Although it was a decent 9 miles approx (quite hilly), I arrived back and my Achilles in the other ankle to the previous damaged one started to play up. This is a first for me and a scary one as I know it affects a lot of runners and it is not good ailment. So I am officially not running for a week or so, hopefully it will calm down.

I eventually departed Kent Friday morning and a whole 7 1/2hrs late I arrived back in the North East, all I am saying is that is a very long drive with three kids and a dog on your own.

However I still managed to make yoga. Which as always was awesome. So here as promised in my last entry is the video clip of us all being demonstrated by Jambo how to do the splits, because they really are so easy!!!!

Check out what else Jambo can do!

So as you can imagine it really didn't happen for most of us, but I must say we were all amazed actually how far we got down, there really is hope for me to do the splits yet. Could this be my next party trick?

From last weekend up to this weekend I have had a really good week on the bike. I have managed two indoor time trials(20mins & 40mins), a couple of 40 mile rides and then a 60miler. However unfortunately I haven't managed to drop the cake stop yet, do you think they will have a little cake stand on the ironman? Maybe I could request one!!

Also I have squeezed in  a couple of swim sessions, one being an early morning one. I just can't believe how busy the pool was at 6.30am. I think it is a sign race season really isn't that far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment