Thursday 16 September 2010

Oh what have I done

Breathe; its done. I have entered. All I need to worry about now is the training, ahhhhhh!

Question: Is it really possible to train for an Ironman whilst also trying to hold down a job (part time), look after a family that consists of 3 young children, a rabbit and an old sometimes grumpy huge black dog?

I can honestly say life is hectic already. Like all mothers and some fathers, the day starts early with the school rush, followed by walking the dog, sorting child no. 3 out if I am off to work then collecting them from school, attending any after school activities, homework, feeding the tribe (normally 2 sittings in this household), bath time and finally the bedtime routine, which consists of 2 lots of spellings and 3 lots of stories. Then a quick tidy up of the house before my time can commence.

Of Course on top of all this you still have all the other things you have to do, i.e. food shopping, cleaning the house, washing the beds, floor, etc.

So what do I do? I enter an Ironman. For those of you who do not know what that is, it is a triathlon but a really long one. In one race I will swim 2.4 miles then hop onto my bike to cycle 112 miles and finally go for a little jog covering ahhhhhh! 26 massive miles. How long this will take me who knows; depends how I get on with the training and when I can find time to do it.

I have decided to log this epic journey of me trying to get myself race fit for August 7th 2011 when I will compete in the IRONMAN Regensburg.

Oh what have I done??

1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled across your blog, love it, what a challenge you set yourself, amazing stuff, good luck! I'll keep reading.

    ReplyDelete