Saturday 18 September 2010

Run Run Run

Tomorrow I will run the furthest I have ever run. I will be doing the Great North Run, 13.1 miles and in the process  raising nearly £700 for 'Tiny Lives'. This charity is very close to my heart, as seven years ago I gave birth to very premature twins, weighing a mere 2lbs8oz and 2lbs9oz. Tiny Lives helps towards the cost of caring for premature and sick babies born in the North East.

My main aim for running was to raise money for the Charity, but now this distance will give me some feeling of what is in store for me in August next year (well half the feeling). However I feel I can't really complain about  it as it is a fraction of what I have to do over all. Maybe I should be considering running/walking back from the finish so I at least get the feel of one of the disciplines, but if I know me the pull of the beer tent then the Metro home will win me over on this occasion. What can I say, I still have 10 months to go, or to be more exact 46 weeks; AGES!!

No comments:

Post a Comment