Thursday 23 September 2010

We all have days like these!

Finally feel like I have recovered from the weekend activities, no thanks to the torture I put my legs through yesterday. A free morning and lovely weather beckoned a bike ride, so a good chat later (with my cycling partner Lisa) and 30 miles covered, I was feeling pretty good. That was 'til the evening, when a supposed friendly netball match turned into a full sprinting, aggressive battle; have to say the legs were feeling pretty pooped again, I keep telling myself it is all good training.

Training tonight is consisting of drinking lots of wine. Currently doing this while I type so excuse the errors! Had a hard day juggling the house. First we have had a leak under the floor, so today the heaters came in to dry it out; my kitchen is currently the temperature of the tropics. If that is not bad enough I have been having fridge issues. So a very unhelpful, completely negative Samsung fridge man arrived today, only to leave 15 mins later, leaving me with no fridge/freezer until they see if it is still under warrenty, and if it is, it needs to be turned off for 48 hours 'til they come back. So then I had to make a mad dash to grandpa's to store my freezer and half my fridge contents before I lost the lot whilst our two year old was having a wobbler about being on tippy toes (EH!) and refused to put any shoes on. Finally, last but by no means least, tonight I have my two nieces moving in for nine days.

So quick recap; tropical kitcken, no fridge/freezer, five children (ten and under, one with tippy toe issues) and hardly any food in the house. Oopps, nearly forgot, I also have my mothers blind dog staying for the week.

I am so pleased I can enjoy the finer things in life like wine at times like these, really not looking forward to the day they say I need to stop drinking due to the training schedule, but I suppose it might make some school runs easier.

Just had a worrying thought; hangover, five kids, school run... ahhhh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment