Friday 8 October 2010

I have a new activity!!

After I got over the excitement of my swim, it was straight back to the weekly grind of trying to maintain my fitness levels so I have a good starting block in January, when the serious training commences.

Monday night was a light jog, after all I did have a good swim on Sunday.

Tuesday was tri club, where I informed them some photo's need to be taken soon; they were oblivously delighted.

Wednesday was a rushed run squeezed in before school pick up. Then my very understanding husband was out that night. At the moment that is a rare thing as I seem to be out training most nights. He does have to put up with alot and I have a horrible feeling that it is only going to get worse.

Thursday night was netball night, which then became a night of pain. We had a tough netball match, losing by 3 goals Arghhhhhh! So frustrating. End Score 29 - 26. Afterwards went for a drink with some of the girls only to have to make a mad dash to the loo. Well, by the time I got home and into bed it had got worse and I spent the rest of the night awake and bent double cramping. Not pleasent and all I could think was "is this the start of blue green algae poisoning from the lake swim"  which is a horrible thought at 3am. However you will all be pleased to hear I have recovered from the cramps, but not the lack of sleep.

Friday: After a rough start to the day I had my back appointment with an Osteopath in Jesmond. I feel great; Hooray! I was creaked and cracked, he thinks I may have a slightly bulging disc which is why I get the nerve pain, but my spine and hips aren't too bad at all. I don't need to take any time off from training which is good, but I do need to start hanging from doors daily to help stretch my spine, so I will commence my first hanging tonight. I have no idea what my husband is going to make of this new activity.

Tomorrow from lunch time onwards we have no kids; YEE HAA, due to the celebration of my birthday. So the fresh mint and limes have been ordered and it starts with Mojitos at 7:30 with a few close friends (pictures to follow). There is no plan to the night at the moment as I feel life is far too rushed and orgainised, however I am sure I will be able to demonstrate my latest skill to my friends at some point; DOOR HANGING.

No comments:

Post a Comment