Sunday 10 October 2010

Mojito marathon...

Well what a night and I never want to see a Mojito again.

Had a fantastic night which started off with drinks at ours with two other couples, but due to a highball glass shortage we needed to improvise, so out came the pint glasses; don't think this was one of my better ideas.



                                                                The first of the night

It was then off to town for a few cheeky drinks in Poppolos, before ending up in 'As You Like It' which is a bar in Jesmond with live music. 

Apart from gaining a huge and I mean Huge hellium ballon and getting louise up on stage with the band, it was a pretty tame night.

However the night didn't end quite the way I envisualised.
We dropped off our friends and when we got to our house Paul announced that he had left his jacket back at the bar with the house keys and his wallet in. Arghhhhhhhh!!
Asked him 'are you sure you haven't got the keys'? with a definate no, we got the taxi to lisa's house where Paul got out and went in and I went back into town to look for the missing jacket, keys and wallet. Please do not ask me about the logic of this decision, it seemed the right thing to do at the time.

Back I went to 'As You Like it', sadly no jacket there, on to Popoplo's which was shut, so some window banging later and a look around the bar no jacket. 
Meanwhile back at lisa's Paul put his hand in his pocket and brings out the keys, can you believe it! So a £26 taxi ride later (normally well under a £10) we go home, but are still missing the wallet and Jacket.

9am this morning we wake up the first thing Paul says is 'I never took my jacket or wallet into town'.

                                                               Give me strength!!


No comments:

Post a Comment