Saturday 23 October 2010

Egyptian... or maybe not

It has been my first week where I have felt really pushed for time trying to juggle everything, and I know it is only going to get worse.

Apart from the usual nightly training / netball, going to work, doing the supermarket shop  at 10pm after training, walking the dog and then doing all the kids activities, I had homework to do.
 For the past three weeks my twins homework was to create with mum or dad, in our case just mum (daddy has been really busy with work) an Egyptian costume for this Wednesday. Jake decided he was going to be a Pharaoh, whilst Polly wanted to be Anubis which is the god of mummification, a jackals head on a man's body. We started a few weeks ago painting paper and looking up ideas, so as to create the exact look. For Jake we made a great head piece and cut up a black sheet for a robe, whilst for Polly we made a dogs head to sit on top of her head and then dropped a piece of cloth over her face to hide it, perfect.



However Polly's teachers decided it was too dangerous to have a sheet over her face as she may have fallen and hurt herself (she could see fine through the sheet), so for health and safety reasons they cut some eye holes in. Hmmmmm... I feel this completely altered the look I was going for; I will let you all see and make your own minds up.



I will say no more on the topic.

I managed to squeeze a solo bike ride in Wednesday morning, which was great, followed by netball in the evening. On Thursday I got out of work a couple of hours early, so took this opportunity to run then, which meant  Paul and I could spend an evening together, nice! He really does have to put up with a lot, with me running out the door most evenings.

Friday was great, I took Jake on his first proper bike ride, we went with his friend Patrick and his dad Mark. We did a little bit of road and then went on to a track which meant going through lots of muddy puddles, fantastic. Stopped off at a pub had a quick liquid refreshment and headed back to the car. Approx 4/5 miles covered, Jake and Patrick said 'that was the best ever'. Daddy is now really looking forward to his bike ride with Jake.


Finally it's with much sadness that I need to say a fond farewell to something I cherish dearly, my high heeled shoes, booooo hooooo.



I was out for a meal with some of the mums from Evie's new nursery, and within 30 mins of me wearing my lovely shoes, my nerve pain kicked off in my foot, followed by pain in my lower back, really don't know if it is just those shoes or heels in general (which I hope not), but for the foreseeable future I think it is in my ironman interest that I avoid them. I didn't realise I was going to have to make such a huge sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment